Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy 3 months Caleb!

Today, Caleb turns 3 months old. 


The last month he has really changed so much in the way he acts. He is sleeping better, taking naps better, crying much less, and starting to actually form some sort of schedule. Its been wonderful. 


He's also smiling so much and talking to us with his sweet baby talk. 


I love  hanging out with him.  When family comes, its a nice break and a good refresher but I really am ready to hold my boy when they leave!  He's just such a delight to be with.


His eyes are still a dark dark blue so the jury's still out on if they'll change to brown like mine (we call them Pulliam eyes) or go the Cooper route and stay blue.


Most of his newborn hair has fallen out and he's got a short peach fuzz growing in.  Maybe its wishful thinking but I think it might have some curl to it. 


What are you doing mom?


Oh!  You're taking pictures of me!


I guess that's ok.


Actually its kinda fun!

At 3 months, Caleb is...

Size: Still in 3 month clothes.  Some of the 3 month clothes that were too big fit him pretty well now and he doesn't look silly in pants anymore.  His legs are long enough that I think shorts and pants are just the cutest on him.  He's about 14 1/2 pounds now and roughly 25 1/2 inches long.  I think he's the cutest ever.  Have I said that yet?!  I tell him that about 100 times a day!

Likes: Right now, sweet boy is discovering everything around him.  He loves to look at faces and listen to people.  When Ben comes home and starts talking, he just stares and smiles.  He loves anything with music and lights.  This week, we started laying on the floor and reading books together and he just stares and studies the pictures.  I love it.  The teacher in me just eats it up.  He likes to sit in the Bumbo on the counter with me while I cook dinner or bake.  He still enjoys the Bjorn although he's getting a little heavy for me.

Dislikes: That hasn't changed much - he doesn't like to wait to eat or to feel tired.  That's about all I can come up with.  He's pretty laid back still. 

Working on: C is working on strengthening his sweet little neck.  He can sit on his tummy and lift up his head.  He's been doing that more and with more control.  He can hold up his head really well now when we hold him sitting or standing.  He doesn't seem to be trying to roll over when he's on his tummy or back.  I guess he'll figure out soon that rolling is a possibility.  He's much more consistent and going three hours between feedings which is what we were working on at 2 months.  Now we're working on naps on the back.  Right now he takes great naps on his tummy but I have to be right there with him (the pediatrician said he could sleep on his tummy as long as I was watching him) so we're working on taking naps on the back unswaddled.  He takes some naps like that but no long ones.

Eating: Caleb is eating more at each feeding and very consistently going 3 hours between feedings which makes getting into a schedule much much easier.  I only know he's eating more at each feeding because when he takes a bottle, he's taking 5 ounces or so instead of 4.  He's still a great nurser and we've had no problems.  I continue to thank God for blessing us in this way.  It is nothing of my own doing and I am so thankful that it has gone well.  Also, he takes bottles well which I'm hoping continues!

Sleeping: C's naps are much more consistent and I can usually count on 3 naps plus maybe a small one in the evening.  As I said above, he sleeps on his tummy for naps and sometimes on his back.  He goes down swaddled on his back at night around 7:30 or 8:00 and sleeps well still in our room in the pack-n-play.  On average, he wakes up around midnight/1am and then somewhere between 3am and 5am and then between 7 and 8am for good.  One night this week, he skipped the midnight feeding and didn't wake up until 3:30am.  I'm hoping those types of nights come more and more frequently.


We love you Caleb Brewer!


2 comments:

Jana said...

I love all his expressions, so cute!

Fiona said...

Sounds like you are really enjoying the 3 month stage! :) Love all of the photos and his adorable mixture of expressions.