Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Jogging with my little man

A couple weeks ago, I bought a jogging stroller at a resale shop.  
Its a Trend Expedition and I absolutely love it!  
Its so smooth and does turns really well.  
I also feel like it keeps Caleb more secure on the bounces than my basic Chicco I was using in the beginning.

Now I will admit that running with the stroller is more difficult that running by myself.
But my new motto to anything that is physically harder because of Caleb is, "It's good exercise!" and it burns more calories which is never a bad thing.
Like going up and down the stairs 10 million times a day with a 16 pound baby in my arms.
Or like carrying a car seat with that sweet 16 pound baby in it.

My hope is that when I do the actual race, it will feel so much easier because I won't be pushing a stroller!




My view as I run.  Cute little froggy legs.


I took this about half-way through our run.  He was almost out.

Today I ran 25 minutes with the stroller.  It was tough but I pushed myself and made it.  Next on the plan is 2 miles.  I'm working up to a 5K which is 3.1 miles.  

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Sounds like you are doing well. Love the new stroller! Great that you get to have him out in the fresh air and exercise for you at the same time! :)

Katie said...

Good perspective.