Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Happy 5th Anniversary!







July 21st was our 5th anniversary.  Wow, 5 years. A season of life that has lasted longer than any other stage thus far.  Longer than high school, longer than college, longer than my short single after college period.  That also means I've been out of college for 6 years, high school for 10 years.

Our first 5 years were characterized by the DINK (double income, no kids) lifestyle of bliss, eating out, vacations, and learning how to be adults together.  It was great.  We weren't perfect but we learned so much about each other, ourselves, how to manage money, how to be loving and unselfish in a whole new way, and walking with the Lord together as he grows and strengthens our character.

We've been through 2 apartments and are now in a house.
We went through hurricane Ike together in our tiny apartment's closet.
We bought 3 cars, traded in 3 cars.  Now we have 2 family friendly cars.
We've been to Costa Rica, Cayman Islands, Seattle, Victoria Canada, Napa, San Francisco, Springfield MO, Washington DC, and the exciting metropoli? of Arlington and Allen.
Ben has had 2 jobs, me one and now I'm at home.
We adopted two kitties.  And one of them got huge.
We got pregnant and had a precious baby boy.

The next 5 years will be very different.  It will be years of babies and toddlers, sweet time at home, and learning to be unselfish in a whole new way.  God is already teaching us both so much, stretching us physically (can we say interrupted sleep) and spiritually as we trust in Him to provide for and lead us through this next season of life.

To celebrate, we decided to go all out and go to Fogo de Chao off Westheimer.  Have you ever been there?  Go hungry.  And expect to leave stuffed.  I ate more meat than I had in weeks.  I used all my extra Weight Watcher flex points for the week.  But it was so worth it.  And then we got dessert and coffee.

My sweet mom came in town and was our Friday babysitter.  She took care of Caleb as we went to the mall, and then went out to dinner.  He did so well with her.  It was such a nice break and when she left, I was really looking forward to spending time with Caleb.  I missed him!

Happy Anniversary Babe!



3 comments:

Katie said...

Thought about you that day. I am glad you were able to get out of the house and celebrate! Happy anniversary!

Holly said...

Wow I can't believe it's been 5 years! Happy belated anniversary! Your wedding was so fun, it was fun to look back on your pics you posted! Erin & I keep saying we need to come see you & Caleb! Hopefully this fall!!

The Sages said...

Happy anniversary! What a sweet post!