Monday, August 20, 2012

Meal Plan Monday

I love making my weekly meal plan.  
On Saturday or Sunday, I go through my pinterest "What's for Dinner" board and look at Skinny Taste and find fun recipes for the week.  
I usually don't make more than one or two new recipes per week so that I don't get overwhelmed.  
When I first started learning to cook as a brand new bride, most of my meals were casseroles or pasta dishes like spaghetti.  Our meals have evolved as we have gotten healthier and more cooking savvy and now most of our meals consist of meat and two veggies or fruit.  

Here's our dinner meal plan for the week of 8/20/12:

Monday: Mom and sister in town (sooo excited!), eat out or cook together

Tuesday: Honey Grilled Shrimp from Taste of Home, sauteed green beans, baked sweet potato

Wednesday: Grilled Ribeye Steak (on major sale at HEB), sauteed sugar snap peas, and acorn squash from Skinny Taste


Friday: Big Night Out at our church - eat out with friends

Saturday: Grilled Turkey Burgers, oven fries, fruit

Sunday: Left overs or some sort of breakfast for dinner (Omelets, French toast, waffles, etc...) Sunday is EASY night!

Anyone know of any other great websites like Skinny Taste that has good recipes with Weight Watchers points?  
I used to get Cooking Light magazine but the recipes were too complicated with obscure ingredients and didn't always turn out great (probably because I didn't have the obscure ingredient and made a substitute).  
How do you do your meal plan?


3 comments:

Fiona said...

This is a great idea. I am going to try making weekly meal plans when we are back from vacation. It helps us to stay healthy and save money! Looks like you have some tasty meals this week! :)

The Sages said...

I plan out on Sundays too. Lately, my planning has centered around pinterest. : )

Jana said...

We are so much alike on this! I love making weekly meal plans and Mondays are my grocery shopping days. I love Skinny Taste and I am trying her zucchini pizzas (can't remember if that is the correct name) this week as a side. I would love to find more good websites like that so let me know if you find anything.