Saturday, August 18, 2012

Post baby fitness

So, I would call myself a generally healthy person.  
I try to eat healthy (although I sure do enjoy my sugar - to a fault).  I've been doing Weight Watchers to lose the baby weight and its been so helpful.  
But as of a couple years ago, my level of fitness was not where I wanted it to be.  
Now, I've never been much of an athlete (husband laughs) unless you call marching band a sport (everyone laughs).
So I decided that I wanted to be able to run a 5K.  And then a 10K.  And so I did.  I didn't break any records or win any medals but I was able to run them.  

And then I got pregnant (cheering!).  I kept walking while pregnant but stopped running.
Once I got my 6 week check-up clearance from the doctor, I started on a plan to ramp back up on running.  I started really slow before I jumped into this plan but I'm now on week 3 and feeling great.  
Running makes me feel good physically and emotionally and this has been a good push for me to get back into it.
I run with Caleb in the stroller some mornings or I go out when its the hottest time of the day Ben gets home at 5pm or after Caleb goes to bed.  
And tomorrow, I might buy a jogging stroller if its still at the resale shop when we go.  Anyone ever used a Trend jogger?

I find though that I'm much more motivated if I have a goal I'm working towards.  
In October, I'll be doing the Run for Hope that supports the adoption ministry at my church.  
Then in November, I'll be doing the Color Run in downtown Houston.

Finally, I'm also going to be following this sweet mom (of 8 boys!!) on her 42 days to fit.

Please join me if you so desire!


1 comment:

Albus Adventures said...

Yay for Run for Hope! Did you see our video on the run's website? Yay for your fitness goals too!