Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Honesty from Lynn

I was recently tagged by Jen to say 10 honest things about myself. I've been in a blog slump lately and have had no motivation to write a blog so thanks Jen for getting me back to blogging! I have done this before so I'll try to think of 10 new things that you may not know about me or maybe they are new things that have come about since I last wrote one of these types of posts. Ok, here it goes...

1. When I'm at home, I talk to my cats on and off all day like they are people. They don't respond but I think they understand.

2. I have a whole new love for rain. I always have loved storms but now it means one more things to me - a day I get to skip watering the lawn. I love you rain.

3. Although I have embraced my incredibly straight hair now and am learning to work with it, in high school, I had a perm every 6 months or so and even convinced a friend to do it. She ended up hating it and wearing her hair in a pony tail for the rest of the year. Poor thing.

4. I took copperplate Calligraphy (like you see on invitations) lessons this summer from a lady who has her own Calligraphy business. Actually her office door says Calligraphy and Haircuts. Maybe I'll start cutting hair too. So, if you want something calligraphied, let me know! I need the practice!

5. I have discovered recently that I love to bake. I love to make cookies, cake, or any other type of dessert. But, I am conflicted. See, I love to also eat what I bake but this could be bad for my midsection. So, I need to brainstorm more reasons to bake when I don't have to eat what I bake.

6. I genuinely love to watch golf. Ben was gone this past Sunday and I was really disappointed that we weren't going to sit and watch golf together. I haven't gotten to the point of watching by myself but anythings possible now!

7. I hate to waste things - time, food, clothes, money, craft paper, etc and get a pit in my stomach when I do. It just happens sometimes though and you can't help it. I'm learning.

8. I am trying to cut two things out of my diet - caffeine and fake sugar. You don't realize how much of something is in your diet until you try to cut it out.

9. I am starting the Twilight series (don't judge me!).

10. One of my favorite things to do this summer has been to go to Starbucks mid afternoon with a book and get sweet tea and an oatmeal cookies. Its just so wonderful.

Thanks for reading. I hope you learned something new about me!

3 comments:

meditations said...

I wish I could go to Starbucks with you and drink stuff and talk about stuff and laugh.

Jenny said...

Oooh the sweet tea and oatmeal cookies sound wonderful :)

Jenny said...

In light of kicking the artificial sugars from your diet, SoBe Lifewater is incredibly tasty and uses natural sugars. Joey and I love it! My favorite is fuji apple pear. It's a nice substitute if you're tired of just drinking water and want a little flava. :)