Monday, June 29, 2009

More sweet family

This weekend we got the special treat of being with Ben's parents all weekend. They drove down from Arlington on Friday afternoon. His parents are so encouraging and fun and Ben and I both always enjoy our time with them.

The weekend was really pretty low key which is just what we needed. This past week was one of the busiest I've had in a while (but thankfully not stressful). I had trainings everyday and some event or dinner every night. I enjoyed it all but needed a little time to just chill. I went to the grocery store with Pat Friday afternoon to get stuff to grill out burgers. I don't always enjoy burgers from restaurants, but I love grilled out cheese burgers. Ben and his Dad grilled the burgers, some spicy sausage and....grilled peaches! It was a recipe I found on KraftfCheck Spellingoods.com and it was pretty good. Just make sure they are ripe! After some fabulous hamburgers, we saw the movie Star Trek. I really knew nothing about the movie or even the series but it was really good. Believe me, I'm no sci-fi fan but I enjoyed it and you can trust my recommendation.

Saturday, the guys played golf (the 4th time in two weeks!) and Pat and I went shopping, talked, and ate lunch. Life is good. That night, we enjoyed dinner at Berry Hill Tacos with some live Latin music (two favorite things!) and just spent time together. Sunday, Ben's parents came to church with us and were able to see Ben teach and meet some of our friends. We loved having them come and step into our world for a little bit.

Now, I can't blog without mentioning my kitties. The kitties really liked Mark and Pat and treated them with love! Below are some pictures. On a random side note, I bought the Chi and I love it!

Pat Pat and the kitties




New Iphones = hours of entertainment.` This is what the guys did while Pat and I watched 2 episodes of What Not to Wear. So great.

1 comment:

meditations said...

thanks for the blog and pictures! We will be praying for you guys.