Thursday, July 9, 2009

Craigs List Newbie

Today, I bought my first item off of Craigs List. I started small - just looking for a cute wooden chair for my new craft room. Ben and I lived in an apartment for our entire marriage until we moved in February so we got used to living in just two rooms. Well, little by little we're realizing that there are other rooms in our house that we can use! Like three of them. One of the upstairs rooms has wonderful big windows and it was just filled with boxes that never got unpacked - mostly of random decoratives and things we don't use much. So, this past week, I cleaned out the room, threw away stuff, and put the boxes in the closet (genius I know) leaving myself a wonderful craft room! I already had a desk and a chest of drawers and our sweet friends that are moving (I'll miss them so!) gave us two bookshelves that they didn't want anymore. The only thing missing was a chair. I didn't want to put a black leather swively office chair in my cute girly craft room so I went to Craigs List in search of a cute chair. I found one and even bartered the price down a little. I drove and picked it up today from a sweet school teacher in Houston. I bought a girly cushion for it and a bright lamp and my room is almost complete. Below is a picture of the chair and the lamp. Later, I'll post a picture of the completed and organized room.
The cute "vintage" chair...the lady said she bought it at an antique shop and she thinks its English

I love this lamp! Clearance at Home Goods. Great place.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it!! Thank you for posting a pic of it.... you've inspired me to do some Craigslist shopping of my own!

meditations said...

I am not sure how to do Craig's list. Maybe I will get my nerve up to look.