Friday, July 31, 2009

The big catch up...get ready!

I have come to the point where it is absolutely mandatory to blog. There have been many events that I wrote blog posts for in my head with pictures and catchy sentences. And they never made it to the actual blog world. So today will be a major catch up of events with pictures and brief descriptions if you can handle it. If I don't do this now, the events will be forever lost in imaginary blog world and you will never know about them. Oh the tragedy.

This is us at Houston Project. Notice we look a little sweaty and like we're workin...well we were! It went so great and God blessed our site greatly. For a more detailed account, my friend Jen wrote several detailed posts about our site.
This was the going away party for our sweet Herringtons. They moved to Springfield Missouri recently. This is some of our Bible study girls - Amy, Liz, Rachael, and me (aparently I wore the wrong color). We already miss her!
The church we did Houston Project at invited all the volunteers back for a delicious authentic Mexican taco dinner. They were delicious. Some of the guys had 8 tacos. Wow. This is Jen, me, and Shayna stuffed from amazing tacos.
Now we're up to last weekend. Slowly but surely catching up. My cousin Emily got married and this is at her rehearsal dinner. We were very excited for her hence the faces.

Rehearsal dinner with my wonderful sister Anne and I.

Now to the wedding. I didn't have any good pictures of the beautiful bride and groom but I did get a picture of the cake. This is the grooms' "cake" in the form of a bunch of chocolate chip cookies. Then they brought out little cups of milk. Such a cute idea.
Now we're caught up to yesterday. I drove to College Station for the day and the day really deserves its own post but won't get it. The Lord worked it out perfectly and I got to see so many people in such a short time. Some of them are here - in the back - me, Jen (in from East Asia), Rebekah (friend from college), in the front - Holly, Carson (Amber's son), Erin, and Amber. I also go to see Lindsey who is moving to San Francisco!
Erin leaves soon for North Africa and this was the last time I will see her before she leaves. It was so sad to say goodbye, but I'm so excited for her.

Wow, so that's been my July pretty much. Teachers go back to school August 12th so my summer's almost over. Sad to see it go, but once I'm back, I'll enjoy getting back to work and being with the kids. Today sometime, we go to San Antonio for the weekend for one last hurrah!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I love the new blog design and header picture!

Megan said...

What fun! Can you believe it's almost time to go back to school? Yuck.

Holly said...

Loved the big catch up! And I also love the agua poppy designs! Thanks for discovering it!