Tuesday, August 4, 2009

San Antonio

This weekend, we went to San Antonio for a mini-vacation before school starts. It was just enough time out of Houston. We started the vacation on Friday afternoon with none other than a round of golf. Normally, this might not excite me greatly, but it was in the hill country. But this was no normal golf course. The holes were hilly and unique. And its always enjoyable to ride around with my Benjamin. That night we ate at a yummy restaurant on the riverwalk. Below is us when we had finished eating. We went bold in Pink and Purple!

Saturday, we went to Fiesta Texas. I had not been to a theme park like that since early college or maybe even High School. In High School, I absolutely loved roller coasters. This time I did enjoy them, but, I have to admit, not as much as I did before. The jerkiness was not so exciting as much as it was a potential headache. But the one ride I will never get tired of is "The Scream" called the Superman ride in Arlington. It shoots you way up and then drops you down. The most fun ride. Ever. Below is me pretending to ride one of the rides. The picture was supposed to be more zoomed in so that it looked more real, but the photographer was notified of this request. So instead I just look silly.

Saturday night was another delicious dinner on the river walk. Sunday, we drove to San Marcos to go to the HUMONGOUS outlet mall. Oh my, I had forgotten how big it actually was. I have to say though, I did not make the shopping queens proud this weekend. I pooped out on the first third of shops and was ready to go. Ben probably would have kept shopping and actually bought a lot more than I did. I was hungry and it was way too crowded. So we drove down to Gruene, Texas which is along the Guadalupe River. We ate at the Gristmill - a gorgeous little restaurant on the river. We had a nice time together and came back very relaxed and refreshed.

Changing subjects, I went to the eye doctor today and I need glasses. I see it more as a new accessory (just one I actually need). They're really just for reading and such, but I'm kinda excited. Hopefully it will help with my headaches as well. I'll post a picture when I get them.

2 comments:

Jamie B. said...

I love your pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Are you serious?! You are getting glasses? You are going to look so sophisticated :) We are just growing up so fast. I have been putting off the eye doctor so now I am afraid. You will have to let me know how it all goes.

Jenny said...

Okay, y'all are so cute :) I'm glad y'all had such a great time in San Antonio. When we went for our 2 year anniversary back in December, we did the Fiesta Texas thing too. So fun!

By the way, you will look adorable in glasses! :)