Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthday treats

This past Friday was my 27th birthday - and that just sounds weird.  I started the day with a gift from Ben - a purse I had been wanting filled with goodies he knows I love such as gel pens, a cat folder, new sharpie markers, and cute socks (yes, I did say I'm 27).  Then he took me to Starbucks for birthday breakfast.  And it makes it all sweeter to know that Friday is his day off so he voluntarily got up at 6:15am with me! 
It was a hilarious and fun day at school as well.  Every year, we do Book Character Dress up Day on or as close as possible to Halloween.  The ladies on my team all dressed up as Cinderellas from different Cinderella versions!  I was Cinder-Elly, the cool, city Cinderella.  We also had Mexican Cinderella, Cowgirl Cinderella, Caribbean Cinderella and of course the traditional one.  Anyways, I felt so loved at school.  One of the parents of my kids brought me a vase full of beautiful roses, my sweet teammate Ashley baked a delicious Buttermilk cake using my mom's recipe, and we ordered Papa John's pizza for lunch. 

That night, my parents, my sister, and my nephew Jacob who shares a birthday with me (he turned 14) came in town from Allen.  They were so sweet to make the trek down to Katy.  We went out to Yard House for dinner and then came home for cake, ice cream and presents.  Boy I love me a good family party.
The next day we did various girly things such as shopping and eating a girly lunch at a place that sells coffee and flowers.  Genius combination.  And finally, after the fam returned to Allen, and to culminate the birthday specialness, Ben took me out to "the most romantic restaurant in Houston" called Peli Peli.  It was a wonderful atmosphere and I even got a picture with the Chef!  Thanks everyone for making me feel so loved and special on my birthday!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lynn! Sounds like it was wonderful!