Sunday, November 14, 2010

Top 10 ways it FEELS like Christmas

So, I'm a Feeler, at least according to the Meyers Brings Test Thing.  Ben would easily describe me as a "feelings" person.  I go by my feelings a lot...to my detriment at times I'm sure and also to my joy.  Anyways, sometimes things just aren't real to me unless I feel like they are.  Hence the forth coming post.

Often around this time of year, everyone beings to say, "Can you believe it's November?!" and, "It just doesn't feel like it should be November yet."  Well, I thought, and said, the exact same thing UNTIL today!  Today, it finally feels like November and even feels a little like Christmas.  Let me tell you why.

1. Today at church, the choir sang an amazing Christmas song that they're going to perform at the Celebration program.
2. I had a gingerbread latte at Starbucks recently and plan on having a Peppermint Mocha soon in a red cup.

3. The house is cold even without the air on!

4. I heard "All I want for Christmas is Yoooou, Baby" today in Old Navy.

5. I wanted to quickly flee Old Navy because it was insane and messy and insane.

6. Same goes for Gap and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I do not plan on returning on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon until February unless I have no choice (you really know I'm going to anyways, right?)

7. I wore my camel colored boots last night to a party for the first time this season.
8. I ate turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, dressing, ham, corn casserole, and many pumpkin flavored sweets last night at said party.

9. Every group I'm a part of has a Christmas celebration coming up.

10. And finally...Christmas and Thanksgiving plans are in the works and I can't wait to spend the time with my family and friends!

What makes it feel like Christmas to you?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

The fact that our next door neighbor has put up mismatched gaudy Christmas lights LAST weekend!

Jamie B said...

Hey! Happy Thanksgiving!
So I am way ahead of schedule but yes I already started listening to Christmas music (it is already playing on the radio) and I helped Eric put out some of this Christams decorations today and will be putting up the tree soon! I just love the way these seasons make me feel :)
Hope you have a great week off!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I had a Peppermint White Chocolate mocha from Starbucks the other day, it was amazing and warmed my soul. :)

Abby said...

Old Navy is always messy, usually crowded and somehow I always seem to end up with a child clinging to me who is not one of my own.... How does that happen??