Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So gracious

God is so full of grace. He is so kind and so loving. When I am messing up, getting mad when I shouldn't, being prideful, and am not acting in a way that would please Him, He still blesses me and shows me kindness. There are so many things He daily blesses me even though I am daily sinful and fall short of His glory.

Speaking of blessings, I am loving my students. They are a precious group. I love not being a first year, or 2nd year in a new school. I've paid my dues as all must do. I must say I have tons more to learn and improve on but I actually feel competent and am enjoying my job a lot more so far.

In other news, I got very very close to getting a new baby kitten. Finally we decided it could be ok to get a pet, even for a small pet deposit price. Before we asked about the price, I started to look up the costs of adopting at the SPCA...not too bad really. Then I started imagining this sweet little kitten walking around our apartment, playing, and being really cute. I pictured myself sitting with it, taking care of it, the whole nine yards. I started to get very attached to the idea and to our future family pet. Then, the final piece - find out how much the pet deposit is at our apartments. Should have found this one out first. It was exorbitant and all non-refundable. I even made Ben go in and ask again as if he were someone new who didn't know already cause I just didn't believe it. Needless to say, we're not getting a cat anytime soon unless our living conditions change in the near future. I will just have to trust the Lord on this one. The Cooper family pet will just have to wait.

No comments: