Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day success

The first day was a success. The new little 3rd graders were so small compared to my almost 4th graders from last year. I just want to pick them up and give them a huge hug. I saw some of my old kids and really wanted to sit with them and talk with them but I have a new class now and I need to embrace them. It's like new friends and old friends or like when you've moved on from a group that is staying together. It's not the same if you go back but there's still that desire to. Hard feeling to explain. But I loved seeing them and look forward to seeing them throughout the year and in to 5th grade.

My kids today were so well behaved. They followed directions and laughed when I was silly and got into the book I read and did their work so well. I'm so excited about this group of kids. I'm praying for love for them and trying to get to know them best I can. One of the funniest thing is that they always ask "How old are you?" and I love to let them guess first. Today I got a 34, then a 23, then some in between and then finally a 24 to which I said BINGO! But last year someone actually guessed 68. Can you believe it? I think actually the girl was mad at me and somehow knew even as a 3rd grader that its insulting to a woman to be guessed too much older than she actually is. Haha I wasn't phased though. I'm secure in the fact that I look no where close to 68. I hope everyone else had a good first day of school!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

67 maybe, but 68 is pushing it. hehe Glad to hear the first day went well!.