Thursday, September 18, 2008

Close to normal...

Well, we got back to Dallas safely and were welcomed by electricity and water in our apartment! We are so thankful. We were also welcomed by a very foul smell of rotten chicken we had accidentally left in a cooler on the counter in our rush out of town last Saturday. Absolutely nasty. Apparently there really is a great need for food to stay in the fridge.


So today and tomorrow I have no school. Seems a little like I'm playin hooky. Ben's at work as are most people but I guess the schools had to be a little more conservative. If half their employees don't come back they don't just have an empty spot but an empty spot with 20-30 kids unattended...no bueno! I'm ready to get back and hear the stories from my kids. It is nice though to have the time to catch up on laundry and cleaning in our apartment. We left it a mess last Saturday. Things should be back to normal soon...

1 comment:

Amber said...

i forgot to tell you the craziest thing! Like a month ago I had a dream that you were pregnant! When I woke up I didn't realize it was a dream and everytime I thought about you for the rest of the week you'd be pregnant in my mind. It really wasn't until MANY days later that I remembered you weren't and had just dreampt it. How weird is that!