Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sweet Mom

This past week, Ben and I went to Dallas and Arlington to visit our families. I hadn't seen my family since Easter. Shopping, eating, watching TLC, and just hanging out characterized our visit. All in my list of favorite things. So much happened that its really too much to write about in one post. So I'll start with my mom and leave ya hangin for the rest.

I love my mom. Being the last child by a lot (13 years), my mom and I have spent so much time just running around in the car doing random stuff for me and for the rest of my family. Its one of my favorite things to do now! Amazingly, we have some of the deepest, most real conversations just driving around. My first day there, Wednesday, we visited my grandmother and then went to Half Price Books. Our stamina is low so we went home, watched tv, and took a nap. That's my kind of vacation. Throughout the weekend we ran around some more looking at furniture, going to random stores, and eating out.

Another treat of going home is that my parents have been taking care of my sister Anne's dog Cody on and off while they do some construction at their house. I confess that I'm more of a cat person (as many of you know) but Cody definitely grew on me. By the end of the weekend, I was sitting with him cuddled in my lap, talking to him like a baby. We have all fallen in love with him! As all dogs do, he loves to take walks. In my growing love for him, I walked him one morning all by myself. All was merry until I realized I forgot to bring the little baggies for the poop! He started to go and I freaked out. What do I do now? I thought I could just make a break for it, but there was a trash man nearby staring at me from his truck. I was so afraid he was going to come out and give me a ticket or a fine for not picking it up. Do they do that? Well, turns out they don't or else he just let me off the hook. Needless to say, after that the walk was over and we headed home.

4 comments:

APage said...

haha! I love it! That's so special. Y'all did a great job with the study last night! I learned so much!

Amber said...

oh lynn. i don't think trashmen have the authority to ticket the general public :)
he was probably just looking at how cute your dog was.

Ben Cooper said...

That was some great voice and structure. Good diction and phrasing as well.

meditations said...

I have been waiting patiently for the new blog. Great, as usual. Oh, how I love Lynn!