Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer time

June 4, 2008

Summer time. Oh glorious summer time. Wow, give me 2 interrupted, free days with no one but me and myself and I can accomplish more (of non school related stuff) than I accomplished since January. Here are some things I have gotten to in the last 2 days...

Working out (twice!)
Cleaning out the abyss of random stuff that our bedroom corner had become - I even found a bag of trash that had been sitting there since like February! Storing trash! Ugh!
Treating my car to an oil change
Found the Library and checked out books!
Made friends with two neighborhood stray cats who a neighbor was feeding under the stairs- very hard to part with
Finished Harry Potter 5
Went to the cleaners
Made dinner (twice!)
Painted my boring colorless toenails
Laundry
Browsed IKEA
Read some more of Leviticus

Wow! What a chill 2 days its been. It's a different summer I will admit. I've never had summer in Houston before. I'm far away from my normal summer buddies, but I've got my sweet Ben and my Houston buddies and my new cat friends (ha, they might not be too safe though). Oh glorious summer.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Hey Lynn! Found your blog on Liz's blog. Just wanted to say hi. I am glad you are having fun on your summer break :) See you Sunday! Oh and we have some Houston Project info for you and Ben.

Amber said...

love the new look, lynn. sounds like you've got a great 2 1/2 months in store! I'm jealous.

Jen Lewis said...

Let me know when your "summer plans" mean Dallas because I would love to see you!!! I miss you Lynn!

Liz said...

I'm rediculously jealous of you and your "summer", just so you know. :)