Thursday, June 26, 2008

Part II

Dallas Vacation: Part 2

I got to spend the rest of my days with all the people I love the most that live in the Dallas area. I managed to fit in time with Mom (more than just the first day!), Dad, Keith (brother), my sister Anne and the rest of the Kalinkes (Bob, Jacob, Andrew, Zach), Grandmother, Jamie (my super sweet friend!), and even all the Cooper's for a few hours. My family time bank was almost filled up. Family dinners are my favorite.

Anne my sweet sister. She's amazing. She's a mother of 3 boys (6, 10, and 11) and a great example for me as a wife and mother. We also have had a lot of wonderful times growing up. She was really almost grown up (15 years old) when I was born so she got to watch me grow up. I visited her in college when I was 4 and was a junior bridesmaid in her wedding when I was 9. I had a much different life than most kids...but I loved it! This weekend, we shopped around like we love to do and had a lot of good conversation and laughter. She's always an encouragement to be around.

Sweet Jamie. Jamie and I have been friends since 2nd grade. We met awkwardly in Sunday school class when I was new and my mom was trying to find friends for me. "Lynn, this is Jamie." I shyly said hello and sat next to her. She was my second friend in Allen (the first was my neighbor Chelsea). We were a part of the famous four-some in our highschool youth group, four of us girls who did everything together. We went to different colleges but remained best friends. Last summer, she was the perfect maid of honor in my wedding and I am blessed to be her friend today. One of our favorite summer passtimes is to lay out by the pool and get sonic for lunch. Mmmmm a sonic drink, chicken sandwich, girly magazine, sun, pool, and a friend - that's a good afternoon. Well, we got to do this while I was there and it was thoroughally relaxing. We baked in the sun but it was all worth it. Thanks wonderful family for a great week!

3 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

Haha! Just to warn you, I used to use the same background. I don't know where you find it but I just wanted to tell you I used it before. Great minds think alike Lynn! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Lynn,

I love you too much! I had a great time with you last weekend. It was so nice to just lay by Anne's beautiful pool and just catch up on everything that has been going on in our crazy lives. I appreciate your encouragement and friendship. I don't know what I would do without you. Even though many miles seperate us now, I enjoy your emails and phone calls and can't wait to visit you soon :)
Have a great weekend!

Love ya
Jamie

Lyz said...

It's Lynn and Jamie! I love it and I miss you guys.