Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Precious little children

June 11, 2008

Day 3 of VBS. I love VBS. I love little kids and I love 3rd graders. They are so tender and sensitive. I have loved getting to teach about Jesus and to get to talk to these kids about what is most important to me and what gives me hope and joy. I love getting to sing these little kids songs that have such deep and significant truth in them. I sang and learned about Jesus all week. It's been very encouraging and a wonderful reminder of how amazing my Jesus is.

Today was decision day. The Bible lesson was on Jesus's life, death on the cross, and His resurrection 3 days later. I taught the lesson today. After I presented the gospel, they wrote on a paper canoe (the theme is Outrigger Island) in Hawaiian Pau (means finished) for if they were a Christian, Ae (Yes) for they want to ask Jesus to be their Savior, or A'ole (No) if they are not ready today. This is all in the lesson plan booklet - I didn't just make it up. We had 3 write Ae's on their canoes. They went up during the decision service and prayed to receive Christ today along with a few others. It's amazing. They are just little kids but God has called them to Himself. Today was a very significant day in their life. Its very special and its a privilege to get to be a part of it. There were so many children that became believers today in all the grades. It was touching to see. When I see them, its a lot more clear what it means to have the faith of a child.

1 comment:

meditations said...

How I love you and I am so thankful for your tender heart towards children!!! Thanks for all your help woth my blog today.