Monday, June 9, 2008

Family visit

June 9, 2008

Oh I love family. One of my favorite things is to be with a whole bunch of family - all different ages and stages of life. Being in Houston, I definitely don't get my fill of family, but this weekend was a wonderful dose of family. Ben's parents came down to visit. They just stepped for a weekend into "our world". We were proud to show it to them. Friday we went to Beck's prime for a good ole' Houston burger. Saturday the guys played golf and Pat and I drank coffee, set her up a blog, went shopping at Ross Dress for Less and Old Navy (with much success), a delightful lunch at La Madeline and a whole lot of good conversation inbetween...what a treat!

Saturday night,we took them down to Kemah boardwalk. They were amazed that you could see the ocean so close to Houston. We ate, walked around, and just enjoyed the area. Let us out of Jail! (do we look like we're in jail? I was trying to look distressed)


Pat and I trying on hats
I am greatly blessed by my in-laws. They treat me like a princess, compliment me constantly, pray for us, and have fun with us. They are a blessing from the Lord.
In other news, I did 3rd grade VBS today at First. It was enjoyable and I'm getting to work with some fun people.



3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Lynn,
you told me your family in-laws were coming to town and it looks like you had a great time together. i'm so glad you go to spend time with family! i know that really was an encouragement to you. Keep on blogging, i like to read what's going on in your world! love you sister.
Lindsey

APage said...

So fun!!!! I think you look distressed in "jail". Good job:))
That is really neat that you all had such a great time with family. What a gift from the Lord.
Great talking with you last night:)

Amber said...

gee, lynn, what a great daughter-in-law you are. looks like ben isn't the only one to benefit from what a great catch you are!