Wednesday, June 27, 2012

June Book Club - The Last Chinese Chef

This past month, the book club that I'm in read The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones.  It was an interesting book about the culture of food and other things in China...very interesting information about the traditions and role of food in the Chinese culture with a small romance intertwined in the story.  Book club is always a fun time to talk with girl friends about the book and other things.  I really look forward to it every month!  We had a record number of people at our book club meeting this month.  One new member and then Trish's sister came.  It was such a fun time!  We met at Black Walnut and got dessert and coffee.  They have gelato there too.  Once I ordered gelato and and a latte together...I don't recommend that.  It just doesn't work. This time I got a mocha latte and a moondoggie cookie...delish!  Oh and Caleb had some Daddy time and did wonderful.

On a completely different note...last week was the first time I left Caleb for any long period of time - I left at 6pm and got back around 9:45pm and I was about 25 minutes away.  Ben gave him his bath, fed him, and then put him to bed.  They both did wonderfully!!  I've told Ben several times lately that I feel like a real person again.  Between the last month or two of pregnancy and the first month or two of Caleb's life, for a while I had not felt like a functioning person of society...not able to do normal things for myself or participate in normal events.  But now I have no restrictions...I can lift things, exercise, go to an event outside the home, and grocery shop.  You really miss these daily things when you can't do them anymore.  Yesterday I realized I was still bending over sideways as if I still had a big belly in the way.  I made my self just bend over normal and it was great!  I am feeling great and getting into new routines and figuring out this mommy thing little by little.  It's a joy!

Book Club at Black Walnut Cafe
(Left to Right) Jenny, Ashley, Abby, me, Tiffany, Trish, Kristin, and Liz

Such fun!  Next month we are reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.  But first, I have to finish the last and final book of the Hungar Games Trilogy...I'm loving it!

1 comment:

bedroom decorations said...

Good day
The Happenings of Lynn
Creative ideas turn out to be quite qualified in terms of you're posting. I wish you best of luck with your articles.