Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A trip to Fairview

This past weekend, Ben, Caleb, and I took a trip to Fairview where my family lives.  We left on Friday afternoon when Ben got home from work and got to Fairview (north of Dallas) around 8:30.  I gave Caleb a bottle in the car so we didn't have to stop and it went so well!  That boy loves to sleep in the car.  He slept most of the way which made for a really easy road trip.  Although we did pay for it a little bit when we arrived because he didn't go to sleep until much later than normal.



My parents moved to a new house a little over 2 months ago and this was my first time to see it.  Its a little smaller and the backyard looks out onto a golf course.  It's just perfect for them.  So Saturday morning, we got up and sat on the front porch with Caleb and watched the golfers go by.  Ben was playing with my dad and we were able to see them drive by and hit their second shots on the 8th hole.  So fun!  Then we headed out to shop.  We went to the Stonebriar Mall in Frisco which is the mall I went to in my really cool high school days.  One night we even went to the mall bought these costumes and walked around in them all night.  We looked like this...



And then we returned them at the end of the night.  What?!  I'm not sure what the thinking was there but we sure had fun.

Anyways...Caleb had a nice nap strolling around the mall and I got to shop for some things while my mom walked around with him.  I got a pair of shorts and a few tops.  Its summer y'all and a girl's gotta have some shorts.  And shorts that fit.

Saturday night, we met my entire family for dinner.  Caleb was passed around and everyone oooohed and ahhhed over him. It shows such love to me to see them love on him and take care of him.  He is just precious!  He fell asleep with my mom and only started to crack up as we were heading out of the restaurant.   As Ben says, he's clutch and always seems to pull it together when we need him to :).  Thanks buddy!

 Uncle Keith

 Aunt Marisela

Grammy

Grandaddy and Mama

Sunday morning, I got to go have brunch with my sister while my mom took care of Caleb.  Ben played a second round of golf with my dad.  We went to Mimi's cafe. YUM.  All in a great weekend!!

 Driving by on the course

 They drove up to see us!

 Ben's second shot.  Nice stance!

Aunt Anne
He LOVES to stretch his arms like this.  I absolutely love it.

This weekend, Pat Pat and Grandad (Ben's parents) are coming down to Katy to see Caleb the three of us.  And Ben and I are going to go out on a date!

No comments: