Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy 1 month Caleb!

On Monday, our baby Caleb turned one month.

One month since our lives changed completely.

It feels like so. much. longer.  And I mean that in a good way.  We love him so much and are so thankful for the joy he has brought to our lives.

And I think he's just the cutest thing ever!



These two pictures really characterize month 1 very well.  Sleeping and Crying...all we need is an eating picture :).

 Sweet face

 I love that you can see his sweet tummy in this one.  


 Baby toes

At 1 month, Caleb is...
(taking this idea from Jana's blog!  Thanks girl)

Size: Caleb is almost too long for his newborn clothes but everything else still fits in them well.  The 0-3 month clothes fit ok although they're still a little bit.  I don't know how much he weighs right now but I would guess its around 9 to 10 pounds.  He is looking bigger to me - less teeny tiny newborn, but everyone still comments on how small he is.  "You just forget how small they are!!" is what I hear a lot :).

Likes: It seems his favorite thing right now is to nurse.  He also likes to sleep.  Often I let him fall asleep on his side and then roll him over onto his back once he's asleep.  He just seems to be more content on his side.  He doesn't mind tummy time and even falls asleep sometimes when I put him on a blanket on the floor on his tummy.  He enjoys the swing sometimes.  Also, he loves the Moby Wrap.  He goes from screaming to sleep in about 5 minutes in that thing and it allows me some free hands to do a few things around the house.  

Dislikes: Baths - he screams through them.  We haven't done a full bath yet, just washcloths, but he really hates it for now.  I've also tried the baby massage with lotion and this isn't a favorite either.  I think he gets cold and doesn't like to be without his clothes or a blanket.  And he also dislikes the bouncer - I'm not sure why but he doesn't enjoy time in this.  

Working on: EVERYTHING.  He doesn't have too many skillz yet.  The biggest thing I'm looking for these days is that first smile that's on purpose.  We get lots of accidental smiles, or he sometimes smiles in his sleep right after he's done eating but none yet in response to Ben or I.  I can't wait to see that!  We're working on sleeping well and finding some sort of routine in our day.  I'm definitely noticing patterns in his behavior and I'm trying to follow those as well as set up my own personal routines for this stay-at-home-mom gig.  So far coffee and breakfast in the am and a tv show at lunch are all I've got.  Oh and usually an afternoon nap for me.  

Eating: He nurses about 10 or so times a day right now.  He's a good nurser and for that we are very thankful.  

Sleeping: Caleb takes at least 4-5 naps a day all from 1-2 hrs each.  At night, he "goes to bed" around 8-9pm and then wakes up about every 3 hours to nurse but for the most part, he goes right back to sleep after eating.  He "wakes up" around 6-7am.  He usually has a small awake time after each feeding and then takes a good nap before its time to eat again.  This gives me time to take a nap, to pump, or just to do a few things I need to do...such as take a shower.  

Peace y'all.

3 comments:

Kayleigh said...

Congrats on your sweet baby! He is so cute! Glad to hear nursing is going well for you. Love the picture with the calendar! :)

Liz said...

What a cutie! You've got a such a positive attitude about everything Lynn, and that's awesome! It gets MUCH MUCH easier really soon, too. Can't wait for a play date!

April Kennedy said...

Your little family is adorable and I LOVED reading your birth story!!