Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Recipes...from pinterest

In the past two days, I've made two recipes that I found via pinterest that are from some wonderfully clever blogs.  About a month ago, I made a recipe I found through pinterest and it LOOKED delicious.  The comments on the blog post all said, "I can't wait to try this!" or "It looks soooo good!" but none of them actually said that its was good.  You must proceed with caution if you're going to take a recipe from pinterest or some one's blog.  Looks can be deceiving!!

These, thankfully, were not.  I made sure I read up on the comments and people who had actually tried and cooked these recipes loved them and said they were good.  That's the test - if people go back to comment that it was delicious, not just that it looks delicious, then its a little more trustworthy.  The two recipes I tried were...


I made these for our Bible study tonight and they turned out delicious!  Not too sweet but just right.  YUM! 


I made these for Ben and I Monday night to go with our chicken and veggies and pasta dish.  They are supposed to be just like the Red Lobster ones and guess what?!  They are!  To be honest, I don't love the food at Red Lobster (overpriced and just not that great) but the cheddar biscuits keep me coming back.  Well, Red Lobster, your power over me is no longer!  All to say...I recommend them.  Also YUM.

If you're not on pinterest yet...you should be!  

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hmm...book club potluck night soon maybe?