Friday, March 2, 2012

Got Cravings?

One of the questions I have gotten over and over is "So, have you had any cravings?".  I always try to think really hard about it but have to say, well no, not really.  But thinking back, I have had some different phases...and in my current state, I give into them in the name of pregnancy.  Most of them have to do with breakfast as that is when I felt the worst early on.

In the beginning, it was whole wheat bagels and cream cheese for breakfast, specifically those from Starbucks (who knew they had toasted bagels?!).  I discovered anew this breakfast food when I was in the "Please stop the car, I need to throw up" phase.   It was something hearty that filled me up and that I kept down.  Then there was eggo whole wheat waffles.  I ate those for a while and then one morning I ate them and they didn't stay down, and they weren't quite as appetizing anymore.  There are a few foods like that that will never be the same.  Lately its been muffins - whole wheat or fiber 1.  Dinners and lunch haven't changed too much and snacks are just more frequent.  In the beginning, my sweet tooth was temporarily absent and I wanted more salty carbs but oh man, my sweet tooth is back with a vengeance.

And finally, the craving of my life - grapefruit.  I have loved grapefruit since I was a little toddler.  My moms says I ate it as a little one without any sugar.  And oh I have loved them during pregnancy as well.  One week only, and oh what a great week, HEB had a bag of 5 grapefruits on sale for 97 cents!  I still think someone just marked it wrong, but they were delicious and I had a grapefruit every day.  Then my mom sent me home with all the grapefruits left from a box of grapefruits that my dad has gotten from a client every Christmas since I was in elementary school.  I hope baby boy will love them too!

Well folks, tomorrow, I am 30 weeks.  Yes ladies and gentlemen...10 weeks left.  WOW.  I am excited and anxious and nervous and so joyful all in one.  Today I bought the book "Heading Home with YOUR NEWBORN - from birth to reality".  Its interesting and witty and a good dose of reality!  This baby is comin soon!

No comments: