Saturday, July 31, 2010

Orange Beach, Alabama

This summer, a new tradition was started that I am so excited about! We went to Orange Beach, Alabama (near Gulf Shores) for a week of relaxing, golf (for the guys), shopping (for the girls), eating yumminess, and lots of beach time. Ben and I went with his sweet parents Mark and Pat, and Ben's brother Luke and Luke's wife (my sister-in-law!) Cherish. We drove from Houston on Tuesday and then drove back on Sunday. It was such great relaxing time and hopefully we can make it back next year!


On the drive there. This is probably hour 5 or 6.

The second day there, we played putt putt. Guess who won??


The 3 Mrs. Coopers. Me, Cherish, and Pat. All proud to have the title! We were shopping while waiting to go and eat at the Oyster House.

These are the kinds of things that happen when you play Quelf. Such a fun random silly game. Cherish had to wrap herself up like a mummy until someone rolled a 4. I had the worst card! I had to say "I command you to be silent!" EVERY TIME someone laughed and if someone caught me not doing it (LUKE!) I had to move back 1 space. I started just whispering it after a while.

Men's golf picture! Ben, Luke (Ben's brother), Mark (Ben's dad)


And this is what we did while they played golf. It was glorious! Oh and the closed water thing...ummm most people just ignored it and got in anyways (we might have been some of those people...). The beaches and the water were not perfectly clean but good enough to thoroughly enjoy them.
Dinner at Lulu's in Gulf Shores.

And ice cream afterwards at Scoops! I got cookies and cream and peppermint in a waffle cone.

The cousins: plus a friend and minus Luke and Cherish (they had gone home)
Ben, me (the cousin-in-law), Sara, Anna, and friend Rachel

Nertz Tourney afterwards! Love. This. Game. Sara won though. Then we played rummicube. Ben won once and so did Anna.

And I leave you with this serene picture of the Beach. This was the 2nd to last morning we were there. I got up early to run on the beach. It sounded so perfect and peaceful. Umm, it was not. Running in wet and dry sand was a lot harder and I didn't make it as far as I usually do. The walk back was nice though, and then I sat out and read my Bible.
Thanks Cooper's for a wonderful trip!

Coming soon...The 2010 HELK reunion!

1 comment:

*Charlie & Kristin* said...

HOW FUN!! Looks like ya'll had a blast :-)