Thursday, August 5, 2010

HELK reunion 2010!!!

Ahhh the last few weeks before summer break is over. For some reason, I get this urge to just be really lazy so I'll be reallllly ready to go back. And it helps the enjoyment of these last few days to have a buddy to relax with. My mom came Tuesday and just left this morning. We thoroughly relaxed and watched movies and did a few errands and got a lot of good talking time in.

So, teachers go back to school a week before the kids come back and then school starts August 23rd. I actually do look forward to it. I miss being with kids. I find myself talking to random kids in my neighborhood about the birds in their trees and at Wal-Mart helping them find their school supplies. Kids just interact in a totally different way and I love it. Anyways...also I feel the urge to see everyone possible that a working life hinders me from doing. So last weekend was the HELK reunion, this week my mom came to visit, and tomorrow we're going to visit the Herringtons.

HELK...what a weird name you might be thinking. This phrase was coined in college using the initials of my roommates from my senior year - Holly, Erin, Lynn, and Katy. We had incredible HELK parties at our Nimitz house, and we always had a HELK of a good time :). We were darn cool. Every year we have a reunion and this year I got to host it! We watched movies, ate yummy food, went shopping, and talked and laughed a lot. So refreshing and enjoyable. Oh and we love to take pictures!







Holly, Katy, Erin, Lynn

1 comment:

Katy W said...

Hey Lynn! I had a lot of fun at the HELK reunion. Thanks so much for being a wonderful hostess. Miss you!
Katy