Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Insights

I think I'm settling into summer. I've discovered a few things about myself in having all this free time...

1. I hate to clean the bathroom. And even when I have oodles of time, it still doesn't happen as often as it should. Sooo that "I'm working" excuse, isn't really true I guess.

2. I am bad about starting a project and not completely finishing it. In a day, I might start and almost finish about 3 projects such as cleaning something, an artsy project, or organizing. But I just can't seem to finish that last 10%. What does that mean???

3. Carlos and Polly follow me around because they don't get enough time with me. You see, now that I'm home a lot more than normal, they are content to stay in a different room if they are napping. This has never been the case. It's a little sad I must admit.

4. Either I did something wrong, I cooked it too long, or it just wasn't good, but the Cooking Light recipe for the pound cake I made tonight was not what I was hoping for. I guess that's what you get when trying to make a "Light" pound cake.

Summer is going well and I'm enjoying the extra time to exercise (Ran 2 miles today thanks to my new running friend!) and to study the Word and pray. Also its nice to get all the little house projects done and have time to spend with other teacher friends and have a lunch longer than 25 minutes. The next month is going to be busy with vacations, some training and Houston Project so its going to fly!

1 comment:

*Charlie & Kristin* said...

hey girly! I missed ya'll at the Eclipse girl's night. Obviously we ended up going to C.S. Hope you are having a fabu day!