Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Recipes

I'm loving the summer extra time to leisurely go to the grocery store and cook new recipes. This past week was Ben's first week to not go to Louisiana so I made some fun new recipes.

These Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa from Cooking Light were my favorite from the week. You have to buy Old Bay seasoning which is a little expensive for seasoning but I'll use it on future fish. It was delicious and Ben loved it.

This is Orange BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches made in the Crock Pot. We ate these Tuesday night, then again for left overs a few times. It made a ton of meat, but it was delicious and super easy. We just had cantelope with it. Oh, and its from Kraftfoods.com.

Now, this is a Lemon Cornmeal Pound Cake again from Cooking Light. I did try making this, but I did something wrong. I hate it because I really don't know what...but it turned out just ok and Ben wouldn't even try it. I ate it (it's cake!) but I think I cooked it too long. So, try it at your own risk but in this picture, it looks really yummy. Let me know if it turns out better for you and I'll try it again.

No comments: