Saturday, February 27, 2010

We did it!!

Today, I ran the Rodeo Run 5K. In my previous post, I was saying how I was really hoping to run it all. 1.5 miles was my longest run EVER before today, so it was going to be a stretch. But my sweet Ben gave me many motivational speeches and was there to support me. Every time I wanted to quit, I thought about how great it would be at the end when I could say "I ran it all!". And so I did it! Farthest run ever for me. And Ben was waiting at the finish line right when I crossed.
Famous words after the race: "I think I'm going to throw up." I wish it had been a little more glamorous. Also, Liz ran with me and that helped greatly. We ran together until the last mile and she was also so encouraging. She did so great also and finished a little before me. All in all a great day. Next: Aid Sudan 5K in April.
Both the pics above are from before the race - So many people.
Above - before the race, so excited! Below, afterwards reenactment of the race. My face was not so happy the whole race.

3 comments:

mkp said...

BRAVO!!!!!I Love You.

Holly said...

Lynny I'm so impressed! Well done you!

meditations said...

I cannot believe you ran the whole way!!! I am so proud of you. Ben is proud too and he called Mark to tell him about it. How sweet!