Monday, February 15, 2010

It has finally come to Katy!


So, I don't know about you, but I love frozen yogurt. In the past, TCBY has been my go-to for frozen yogurt - white chocolate moose shiver with reeses or peanut butter chips. But, in the last year, these amazing new shops have been popping up that have tons of fun flavors, self-serve toppings, and then you pay by the ounce. I LOVE THESE PLACES! I first went to one in Austin with some school friends. Then, I found one in College Station. And then there's even one in Sugarland. But I live in Katy. Far away from all those places and definitely not on the way home from anywhere.

But TODAY, I stumbled upon Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt....IN KATY! It is right near my house, on the way home from my favorite store, the Loft. Wow, couldn't be better. Ben and I stopped there today after going to the (very windy and cold) driving range. I'm in heaven!

Staying on the food subject, the cooking revamp has been going well. Grocery shopping was so easy this week - just got lots of veggies and some meats and then a few other basics like cereal and milk. Thanks all for the great comments, recipes, and ideas! Tonight, I am actually trying Laura's tilapia marinated in lemon juice and garlic salt with some sides of sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli. YUM!

2 comments:

Laura Moore said...

Hope it went well! If not, I can give you the exact directions...I'm the type of person that needs those. So no worries. :)

Jamie B. said...

You should come to Allen :) They have at least 4 differnt frozen yogert places now! Also, the new mall in Allen/Fairview is opening in a few weeks and there are a ton of shops around there. Looks like a cute place to hang out. Amazing how fast it is all building up...2 Targets and 2 Chickfila. haha
Hope all is going well and you are enjoying Katy.