Saturday, June 6, 2009

Freedom!

School's out for the summer! As I write this, I'm also singing it in my head. It always feels a little weird at this time of year. You mean I have nothing to do?? Well, nothing school related that is. It seems that I always have this cloud of a school to-do list looming over my head whether it be grading, lesson plans, or all sorts of other randomness. And now I look up, and the cloud is gone! I feel so free! School ended for kids on Thursday at 12:40 and for us teachers at 2pm yesterday. As always, it was a bittersweet last day. I fall in love with my kids, especially the tough ones, and it was my last day with them. But then it's a very sweet day because it means two months off and a brand new group of kids coming up with new challenges and new strengths. I'll be heading into my 4th year which is crazy to me. I really cannot say that I'm a new teacher anymore. I've been at the same school now for 2 years and I really feel settled. Next year will be my first year to be working with all the same people. My first year I changed schools, and last year half my team left. I'm really looking forward to building on those relationships instead of starting brand new again.

Ahh now on to summer! Soon, I'll be making my annual summer goals/to-do list. I love lists. Anyone with me? They just excite me and make me feel more organized than I really am. I plan on reading, improving my Spanish vocabulary, learning calligraphy and some other things. A full list is coming in future posts.

1 comment:

Megan said...

All I have to say is, "Yah!!!!!!! Free at last!!!!!"