Monday, May 25, 2009

A new addition...

This weekend, we adopted a new kitten. Carlos needed a buddy to hang out with during the day while we are at work all day, along with the night activities we have throughout the week . By the time we get home, he's so desperate for attention and love that we thought he could use a friend during the day. I wasn't intending to get a new kitten yesterday, but you know how it goes. I was shopping in Highland Village and those geniuses have put a pet adoption site right next to William's Sonoma and Anthropologie. Just brilliant. So, I'm leisurely shopping and I think, "Oh, I'll go and visit the kitties and just look at some of the puppies" and I ended up walking out with a new kitten (with my sweet husband's blessing of course)! But honestly, we were thinking about it, but just hadn't decided to do it that day so I didn't get just completely suckered in :).

Our new kitten is a sweet little female orange tabby. I grew up with two orange tabbies that to both I gave the name Elsie. Elsie 1 died so we got a new orange Tabby and it made perfect sense to just name the next one Elsie. I considered Elsie for this kitty too just for sentimental reasons but it just didn't fit. Currently the name we like best is Honey. She's sweet like honey and the color of honey and I just keep calling her that. Carlos right now just sees her as a big play toy and he's not very gentle. Fortunately he's learning and when she gets a little bigger, she'll be able to hold her own. I think she's just precious! Something interesting about her is that she is a pterodactyl cat meaning she has an extra finger on each of her front paws. Very interesting and a little funny looking but we love her anyways!

You can see her extra finger here. It looks kind of like she has mittens on instead of paws.


What a cutie!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I LOVE HER!! She is so pretty. And I love her extra fingers. It makes her unique :)

love you!

Holly said...

She is cute! I've never seen a cat with paws like that before. Carlos better look out, she'll be able to swipe him good when she's bigger!

Megan said...

I think it's always a good idea to have a friend for your pet. We got our second dog with that in mind and it's made a big difference. She is SUPER cute, Lynn!

mkp said...

She is just precious. I can't wait to see my second "grand-cat."

jamie b said...

she is too cute! Eric is jealous now. haha He wants to wait until he buys a house before he gets a kitten and who knows how long that will be. so for now he has to settle on just visiting them at PetsMart. :)
I can't wait to visit your cuties sometime this summer.