Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The winner...

Thanks friends for all your input on the kitty pics. As I said before, I didn't have school today because of the flooding. We ARE having school tomorrow along with the TAKS test. Please Pray. God knew this would happen on April 28th and He also knew what we had planned for that day. His way is always best. ALWAYS. We just have to trust Him!

Anyways, the lack of work and therefore lack of anything planned to do gave me a lot of free time today and yesterday. It's not like a day you planned for and therefore filled up. It's like finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. It wasn't budgeted out to some financial category and you would've had it anyways so if you waste or spend it wisely, it doesn't really matter. I put so much pressure on myself to use my time well that it was nice to have two unexpectedly blank days. I could completely waste them away and its not like I would have gotten anything less done. Can anyone relate? So, probably because of that lack of pressure, I had two wonderfully productive and pleasant days. Today I worked on house stuff, mainly my living room. It's coming together nicely. I found some bright cranberry circle place mats and a big vase and fake flowers at Home Goods. I like that place. I even made it to the cleaners today. Now that's an accomplishment worth mentioning!
So, in my wonderfully blank day, I took more pictures of Carlos. Please don't think I'm obsessed, I just had time. So, I think I took one that I like even better than the ones before that I think I'll use. Your thoughts are welcome!

2 comments:

mkp said...

yes, this is the brightest, sparkiest pic! I love the turquoise and the light rays...is that your new large vase?

Jenny said...

He is just adorable!

Hooray for buying fun new things for your house... and what a blessing to have a few days off. :)