Monday, April 27, 2009

A weekend with the Pulliam Fam

I always say that April is a busy month and it never fails. Ever since high school, it seems that every weekend in April seems to fill up. Everyone just thinks, let's plan something, oh, it's nice in April, how about then? But I love it. It comes at a good time of year when I'm about to have a little time off. Well, this year has been no different and I have loved it as always! This past weekend, we went to Dallas to see my family and to celebrate my brother's and nephew's birthdays. Keith's, my brother's, birthday is April 26th and Zach, my nephew's, birthday is April 23rd. We drove out on Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday afternoon.

We left about 5:30 and got there around 10pm. We decided (well, I decided) to take Carlos with us on the trip. Before you start laughing that I took my cat with me on a two day trip, remember he is still a kitten. He did ok on the way down, except for his constant desire to sit with Ben or really anywhere other than in my lap. He slept a little but mostly just got annoyed at me holding him. He did much better on the way back though. Well, when we got into Allen, mom had banana pudding, one of my favorites, waiting there for us. Gotta love mom, there's just no one like her!

Saturday was the marathon family fun day. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it or not, but I LOVE family fun and I'm way deprived of it living in Houston. I started the day with some talking time with my mom over pancakes and juice. At 9, I met my sweet friend Jamie for Coffee at Starbucks. We hadn't seen each other since Christmas time. Houston girl's gotta have some girlfriend time. After that, I met Anne at Jacob's flag football game that he won, then onto lunch and shopping at Weirs, then to Andrew's flag football game, and then to Zach's baseball game. To finish off the day of family fun, we went to Anne and Bob's house and had pizza, swam in the hot tub, and just hung out. They have an amazing new outdoor room and kitchen and we enjoyed just talking and hanging out. And of course no night with boys is complete without an exciting game of shoot each other with water guns.

Sunday, we went to my sister's church with the whole fam followed by a birthday dinner for Keith. It's always sad and hard to leave and come back but also nice to be back in our own house and bed. Carlos did amazing on the way back. I think he was so worn out from dealing with other cats and a dog that he slept in my lap almost the whole trip. It was so sweet! Here's some pics from the weekend...

The Birthday boys - Zach and Keith

What an amazing husband I have!

Look at that girl jump! You had no idea we were so tallented did you??!!


Carlos enjoying his car ride in my lap

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hmmm...that basketball hoop looks significantly lower in the pic where you're dunking! :)

mkp said...

Thanks for giving us your weekend...we ALL love Lynn & Ben!

Jamie said...

It was so great to see you, even if it was quick, last weekend. I so enjoy our chats. We will have to make some summer plans! Good luck with the rest of your school year, especially TAKS!
Love ya,
Jamie