Thursday, April 2, 2009

Randomness

Sometimes I mean to call a friend back again and again and then eventually I feel like its just too late. So I keep putting it off because I feel bad. Then I finally just bite the bullet and call and I am always so glad that I did. Well, that's how I feel with my blog. It's been more than a week since I've blogged and once I got past the normal amount of days I just felt like it was too late. More and more things kept happening that I wanted to blog about and I just kept putting it off. So tonight, I'm biting the bullet and sending you a way random blog.

This past weekend, we had our first guests over for dinner. That was one of things I really wanted to use our house for. We put our dining room table from world market together on Saturday afternoon and then had guests over Saturday night. Ben grilled chicken on our tiny George Foreman, making us want a real grill very much, and I made the sides. We planned stuff for the coming Sunday school lessons with our friends and had brownies and ice cream for desert. Yum! Then to really break in the new table well, Sunday night we also had my sweet cousin Emily and her fiance Preston over. They are getting married in July. We cooked them a chicken stew from kraft.com (delish!) and all the good stuff to go with it. Ben and I tried our hardest to be good hosts but Carlos did not show his best manners. We left him out at dinner and he decided to leap onto the back of one of our very unsuspecting guests while he was sitting at the dining room table. Fortunately this guy is a cat person and understood. Carlos was nicely closed in a room after that.


This weekend, we are going to the Shell Houston Open for a PGA tour event. Ben is going Saturday and Sunday and I am going just Sunday. I thank the Lord that he prepared me to have a husband that loves golf. I grew up watching and semi-following golf with my dad. It was so relaxing and enjoyable to watch it with him on Saturday afternoons. So, in God's kindness, I now love to watch golf with my husband who also loves it. I'm trying to get into the players and learn about them. I'm really excited to go and see in person some big names. Tiger won't be there but almost everyone else will.

On another note, kitty Carlos is doing well. His personality is coming more and more along with his zany side. Some of his favorite things are staring at running water, drinking the water from the shower when we have just gotten out, his tail, my hands, flowers in a vase, and all the specs of dirt on the floor that he can find. It has been so long since I had a kitten that I forgot how playful they are. He also seems to be invincible. He will fall back first onto the floor from the couch and jump up completely unphased. He runs into chair legs as he's playing and no big deal. He is surely keeping us entertained. Well, happy weekend!

2 comments:

mkp said...

I Love You. I can't wait to sit and eat at your new table, and Carlos can sit on my lap!

Jenny said...

i had so much fun this weekend :)

love you friend!