Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday

So, I have a 3 day weekend. One of the perks of not working for a big company and instead working for a school...you get random holidays off like MLK day and Presidents Day. I plan to use my day getting organized, taking back some pre-Christmas purchases that didn't make it as gifts this year, reading my new book, and watching some girly movie from Red Box that I never got to see and that my sweet but obviously male husband, wouldn't like.

Ben and I just got done preparing for a lesson we're teaching tomorrow in our Sunday school class. I'm actually pretty excited about it. It's about marriage and the roles of a husband and wife. I feel very under-qualified to teach on this as I am a far way off from being perfect or even excelling at my role, but I am learning just as everyone is and its an opportunity to share truth and encouragement. On the other hand, its a subject I'm actively experiencing and that I have a little bit of experience in (a year and a half almost!).

Today we went and looked at houses. It was very informative and fun and also a little overwhelming as we begin to look at all the options. We're just going to trust the Lord and see where He takes us!

2 comments:

APage said...

How exciting ! I'm praying for y'all as you teach and for wisdom as you look for a house! We're in the middle of that ourselves and it's exciting to realize that God already has a home, a community and friends picked out for you.
Love you sis!

Anonymous said...

I love the new year look to your blog...very creative and new. What a great role model you are for a wife who loves her husband and her home! Happy teaching and house hunting...FUN!