Thursday, January 22, 2009

My thoughts tonight

Oh blessed Friday. After having a Monday off (it was quite refreshing by the way), this week at school has flown by. I always know that I can make it through the week when I get to Thursday. My class has library on Thursdays and even though its only 30 minutes, it really gets me over the hump of the end of the week and on to Friday. Fridays are great. I always get Starbucks on Fridays - the only day I let myself indulge in breakfast out. Also, on the Fridays that Ben works, he goes with me too. Such a treat. Then school. I've realized about myself that I don't get stressed as easily with lots of work to do but rather with lots to do that I don't know how to do. Is this like most people's stress or is it different? I'm not sure how other people's stress is. Anyways, Fridays, I don't have to decide what to do. Spelling Test, Reading Test, Math quiz or game, science, and then the day is over. I don't have to go to bed early on Fridays and of course, sleeping in on Saturdays.

This weekend, Ben is playing golf on Saturday morning and then we're probably going to look at more houses (yay!). After looking last Friday, there was one we really liked, but today there was a pending contract on it. Sad. But we have prayed that the Lord would lead us in this process and shut doors that he doesn't want us to go through (ha literally!), so we trust that that house although lovely and wonderful, wasn't for us. So we press on!

It's been a good week. We had our 2nd night of Bible Study and the group is slowly gelling. I love how the group begins to form and pray for each other and get closer. We're studying Ephesians for a little while. I studied Ephesians in college, but I haven't read it in a while. It is such an amazing picture and now reminder of who I am in Christ. It fills me with such security and hope knowing all the things God has done for me in Christ and through the Holy Spirit.

One last thought - we watched the Office tonight and it wasn't as funny as usual. I wanted to hear more about the Dwight, Angella, and Andy drama. Last week was such a dramatic episode and then nothing in this one. Maybe next week!

1 comment:

Claire said...

It's good to hear ya'lls updates, we are praying for the search!