Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blessing in Disguise?

Well, thank you for praying for us and for being excited for us. Turns out we didn't get the house. Long story but in the end, the sellers rejected our offer completely. We could have gone back with a much higher offer but decided that it was a closed door that we've prayed for God to bring if he doesn't want us in a certain house. So we've decided to keep looking. I'm glad that I didn't get really set on that house like I said. I know now a little bit more how the process goes so it was a good learning experience. We'll see!

On another note, Raj Bhavsar from the Olympics Gymnastic team of 2008 came to my school to talk this past Tuesday! He went to my school - Bear Creek Elementary - for Kindergarten through 5th grade and his first grade teacher still works at my school. She called him and asked to come and speak to the school so he did. He actually was a great speaker for children. He was interesting and clear and kept their attention for almost 30 minutes. That's hard to do when they're all squished and sitting on a cold gym floor. I could have gotten a picture with him at the end but I didn't have my camera. I almost left my kids in the gym and ran to get the camera for the sole purpose of putting the picture on this blog, ha, but decided against it. Sorry guys, you'll just have to read about it this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Higher are His Ways than ours...I'm going to assume He has something much, much better for you, b/c He loves you both soooo much and delights in your joy! I can't wait to see what He brings along!

Jenny said...

Hey Lynn-

I love your new layout :) So pretty!

I was sorry to hear about the house- but I KNOW that God has an even better one for you.

We are probably going to Baton Rouge tonight or tomorrow to be with Grant's family so we won't be at church on Sunday. Hope to see you soon, though!

<3
jen