Sunday, January 25, 2009

First House!

So, I've mentioned here and there on the blog that we have been looking for a house. We went last weekend and looked at some houses. Our favorite from the search got a contract put on it this past week. We trust the Lord. Then, we went to look again this Saturday. We looked in a different neighborhood this time. Interestingly enough, looking in this area helped us decide that we'd rather live in the first area based on location and some other factors. We're glad we looked so we wouldn't be thinking what if. Well, the last house we looked at was some guy's batchelor pad that was messy and just not a good house to end on. So Ben asked our realtor if we could look at one of the houses we had looked at the weekend before. I had kind of dismissed it because I was hoping for the other one that fell through. So we went to it and I really was able to see it with new eyes. I was able to picture ourselves in it with our added touch to it. We prayed about it, talked about it, thought about it and today, we made an offer on it!!! Wow, it's such a big step but so exciting. Thanks for prayers and advice and excitement as we get closer.

People talk about guarding their hearts while dating or before they meet that someone, well I feel like I have to guard my heart from this house. I tend to get really excited about things and on the opposite spectrum, really disappointed. I've learned this about myself and so until things are final, I am trying to not let myself get too attatched to it. I won't even post a picture of it until we know for sure. But I trust the Lord and I KNOW he has a plan for us. He has brought us to this house and I love the security of knowing that whether it be this one or another one, He has a soverign and loving plan. Yay! I'll keep you posted....

5 comments:

Claire said...

YAY!!! I feel the same way about getting too attached till you know for sure. We are in the same boat. I must've read your previous post as your were typing this one :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house! I bet you feel so grown up now! :)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hear of your house-buying adventure! Yay!

Jana said...

Ohhh so fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Whether it is that house or another, you guys will end up in the perfect one for yall. Looking forward to seeing the new Cooper home!

Anonymous said...

So exciting! I prayed for ya'll & your potential house today!

PS. Bonnie got engaged this past weekend, so it's not a secret that Robert was looking for a ring anymore! :)