Monday, October 27, 2008

Birthday marathon day

This weekend, Ben and I flew (go southwest!) to Dallas to spend the weekend with my family. They are so precious. I love them. As I may have said before, I love and crave family time and even more so now that we live in Houston. We flew in Friday night about 7:30. When we got to the baggage claim, my bag never came out! They kept telling us that our flight had just not sent their bags out yet, but that was completely untrue. Ben already had his golf clubs and there certainly was no one else waiting for their bags from flight 50. Finally we filed a claim and my parents took us to get ice-cream nearby. We came back about an hour later and my sweet little pink bag was waiting for me at baggage claim. Someone very irresponsibly put it on the wrong flight to Dallas but I'm thankful it made it at all.

Saturday was our marathon day. Here's how the day went...

First, we left at 8:15 for the FIRST (yes there were more) football game of the day. All three of my nephews play football and so my sister and brother-in-law go to about 3 games every Saturday and countless practices during the week. They are amazing parents. This first game was for my 6 year old Nephew Zach and we were privileged to watch him score a touchdown. After the game, we enjoyed a nice birthday brunch at Mimi's Cafe in Allen complete with eggs, bacon, and a delicious muffin. First Yum Yum of the day to be followed by many more.
Then, we took our FIRST shopping trip. We went to TJ Max and then the Allen Outlet malls, followed by a quick trip home for shower and very light lunch. Next was the 2nd football game - Andrew's, the 10 year old. After that, we had a brilliant idea to go out to Anthropologie and look for a fun birthday purse. We drove out there and it was so fun to shop around in that amazing store. After this, we rushed back home for the birthday dinner. Jacob, my oldest nephew, and I share the same birthday - October 29th, so we were duly celebrated with tacos, lemonade, cake, ice-cream and presents. Oh so fun. And in case you thought we hadn't done enough yet, we raced off to the 7:30 game for Jacob, oh but not after a quick airsoft gun between the boys. The "fun" game resulted in painful welts and muddy jeans...I don't understand. Anyways, by the end of the day, Ben and I hadn't really seen each other much so we left the football game early and went out for coffee. It was a sweet time despite the tiredness. *Sigh* I bet you need a deep breath just after reading that. But even with the craziness, that is my favorite kind of day - full of family fun!!

Sunday we just went to church and watched the Cowboy game and then flew back home. Below are some pics from the weekend.


Zach gearing up for the airsoft game

The birthday people - Lynn 25, Jacob 12 (almost). We're awkwardly high-fiving :)


My brother Keith and I

The delicious cake!

4 comments:

Albus Adventures said...

I went to Dallas this weekend too and went to Mimi's Cafe for the first time in Grapevine! I am still dreaming about the yummy pumpkin spice muffin!

APage said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! That's so fun! We're the same age now:)
I hope it was the best ever!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYNN! It was great to have you and Ben in town this past weekend and all the fun enjoyable family time!

LOVE YA!

Your Bro...Keith :)

Anonymous said...

What a Joy-Full Quarter Century! Praises and Blessings...It's always fun WHEN LYNN COMES HOME. I love you!