Saturday, October 18, 2008

Our Wal-Mart Trip

Today, we went to Wal-Mart. Judging by our purchases, you would have no idea we were professional, mature (we're still working on this anyways), adults in our twenties. My bag: Halloween stickers (for my kids of course), glitter pens, a journal, and neon note cards. Ben's bag: ROCK BAND 2! It was buy your special treat day at Wal-Mart for us.

So, yes, we have Rock Band 2 now. We started a new local tour to unlock all the new awesome songs. I'm Dazzle, Ben's Blazer, and we are from Chicago. Our band name is the Dazzling Blazers. I mainly play the drums and Ben rocks it out on the guitar.

It was a nice day together. We ate lunch at Jason's Deli and then went to the driving range. I usually start out very enthusiastic and pumped up when we go and then about halfway through my pile of golf balls, I start to get discouraged and start hitting bad (really just worse) shots and this just makes things worse. So today, before I went down this slippery slope of despair, I got my Harry Potter book and read on a chair out in the grass behind Ben while he hit the rest of his golf balls. It was such an amazing day outside.

Then we went to see the movie Fireproof. It really makes you think about your marriage and how you treat your spouse. I was definitely convicted of little ways that I treat Ben and ways that I can show him more respect and more love in the way I respond to him or speak to him. We had a good conversation about it afterwards and were very encouraged by the movie. I recommend it.

3 comments:

meditations said...

I love you guys so much!!! I have been sick and can't carry on a conversation without coughing or I would call you right this minute. Sounded like the perfect day. Can't wait to hear you guys on Rock Band Two.

Jakeagg said...

oohh! i have not heard of this movie! probably because i live in a hole right now. i looked up the trailer... I'm definitely getting a babysitter so jake and i can check it out. :)

Matt said...

I like Buy Your Special Treat Day. Although I think one of you had a more expensive special treat than the other. Glitter pens vs. Rock Band 2? Hmmmm...Anyway, I liked reading the blog, which I found through Amber's!