Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Caymans

A week ago (or so) Ben and I went to the Cayman Islands for vacation for fun and to celebrate our anniversary. We've been married a year (as I said earlier)! I am a little late on telling about trip because we came back home and got right back in the swing of things. It was beautiful and a nice temperature. My sister, her husband, their 3 boys, and their nephew were there the first 3 days we were there so we got to spend time with them. With three boys all under 12, they run full speed going 10 million miles an hour. There's always something going on. I love it! Family gatherings with everything going crazy around me is one of my favorite things. Anyways...they went back home and we spent the rest of the time just relaxing, touring the island, and eating yummy island food. Here are some pics from the trip...

A beautiful spikey flower.

Fortunately, this was at the end of our trip but we got a little bit of the tropical storm.

Ahh! There's an iguana under the bench!

Ben relaxing at sea.

Ben playing golf with a view of the ocean! Man look at that swing. Just like a pro.




An unlikely friend met along the way. He actually let me get this close without running away. Aparently, since the hurricane in 2004, they have been all over the island including the golf course. He looks kinda friendly don't ya think?


The signs a little hard to see but it says "Crocodile Hole." Yikes! We actually did not see any crocodiles.



About to board the submarine. The Caymans had the most beautiful blue water I have ever seen.


A storm was blowin in!

We loved the trip and we say thank you to my sweet sister for inviting us there! Happy last week of summer (for all you teachers out there, or at least it is for me)!

No comments: