Sunday, August 24, 2008

Round 3

Can you say new sharpened pencils :)! Round 3 (year 3!) of teaching begins. Each year is like a new adventure. New kids, new teachers, new issues, new lessons, new everything if I want. I'm nervous but the least nervous I've been so far. These kids don't know me. I can be whoever I want to be to them - very strict or very loose. They (for the most part) have no real pre-conceived ideas about me. It's nice because the mistakes I made last year in discipline or planning or classroom procedures are gone and I get to start new. Can I just tell you I'm so excited to get these 14 new children. I already love them! I met about 12 of them last Thursday at meet the teacher.

There's one little boy who is new to the school. As we were talking about the books I had in my classroom, he asked if I had any about Lamberguines (sp??). Sadly, I don't have any although I'm on the lookout now. But he said that in his old school there was this great book about Lamberguines but it was a 3rd grade book. He's been looking forward to being able to read it...and then he changed schools! They're just so precious. I'm going to just do an almost complete overhall of my classroom, plans, procedures etc. I'm going to try a lot of new stuff and keep the stuff that worked from last year.

I have a wonderful team this year. 7 of us...6 girls and one guy. Some are my age, some a little older. I've got 3 years of experience, we've got 2 first years, and then the rest a mix of levels. But they are so fun and so sweet. We've had so much fun getting to know each other and laughing and getting ready for the year. They are going to be a huge encouragement and help this year. The Lord is so gracious. I have prayed that He hand pick the children to go into my classroom so I am estatic to find out who He put there. I will be exausted this week so if you see me, just excuse the glazed over, dead look in my eyes...I will come back to life in a few days once I'm back in the routine of school. Yippeee!!

1 comment:

meditations said...

Lynn, I am so excited that we will start our new year tomorrow.!!! I have 132 kids to fall in love with, but God is so faithful to do the loving through me. I NEED the Olympics to be over so we can go to bed at a reasonable hour. College at church is simply amazing! We had about 20 new visitors today and we haven't even started classes at the local colleges. We have a week of fasting and praying(miss a lunch each day) to pray about our year of college. We ended with a prayer time at our house. I am fired up about everything this year.
No pressure about the birthday visit. We will see you whenever we can get to see you and we know you are as busy as we are. Love you so much. Give my sweet son a hug.