Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Benjamin Douglas Cooper

As promised, I wanted to give an ode to my husband. Our anniversary was a week and a half ago so in honor of that, I wanted to tell everyone 6 things about him that I love. Why 6 you ask. She must have some cool reason for 6. Nope, just a random #. So here they are in no particular order...6 things I love about Ben Cooper.
1. He's wise.

He is wise beyond his years. I always know that I can take a problem to him whether it be personal, about work, between us, or just something random. He has wonderful advice and has great perspective. He points me to the Lord and gives me Biblical insights. I come away feeling comforted and feeling more peace about the situation. I think, well Ben's not freaking out and yet he knows about the problem that I was freaking out about...I guess I can be calm as well. I am so blessed by him in this way!


2. He's light hearted.

In a good way, Ben doesn't take life too seriously. He trusts in the Lord and has joy. I tend to worry and fret about things that might happen, small problems that I worry will turn into big problems, or past things that have happened. Ben is not worried about these things. He knows we will be ok and we will be taken care of. This encourages me so much to have that same peace! He has fun in life and is so goofy. It makes life quite entertaining and fun. This picture is from our first date...it was exciting!

3. He's handsome.

I just think he's so good lookin'. Blue eyes and a great smile and he's so strong! He often jokes that his purpose in life is to lift and carry heavy things for me and to open jars. He has saved me so many hurt palms and hurting arms. What a servant!

4. He is great to talk to.

We have some of the greatest conversations and he has so much to say. He thinks about things on a deep level and likes to discuss it. I love hearing what he has to say about any manner of subjects. Amazingly, I can bring up almost any topic and at one point in his life he has researched it, talked to someone about it, or just thought about it on his own. Amazing.

5. He's a fact man.

I can always count on him for correct, accurate, random, and not so random facts.

6. He loves me!

This one is a huge plus for me :) . He shows me love in so many ways and does it well. He shows me through service, time, touch, conversations, gifts, sacrifices, and many things that I probably don't even see.

What a great husband God has blessed me with! I simply adore him! Here's a typical Ben Cooper moment...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love him too, he is my son in law. Mostly I know him as the downstairs bedroom houseguest who came every other weekend for one year to court my daughter and take her away. I love that Ben loves the Lord His God. I love that Ben is His Workmanship. I love that Ben makes Lynn happy, loves her, and takes good care of her. I pray God will lead and guide my Lynn's Love!

meditations said...

Imagine that you were the mom of this fine young man...would you be proud or what? I cannot believe that my son is so fortunate to have a found a truly wise wife, she is worth more than precious gems!

APage said...

Lynn this is SO precious! I love to see God working in your marriage to be a picture of the relationship between Christ and the church! It is also so exciting to see how He put you two together and you compliment each other so perfectly!
Thanks for sharing about God's faithfulness in providing Ben for your husband! PRAISE HIM!

APage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.