Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Last week of school

For those of you who don't know and who don't have any teacher friends, its the last week of some Texas schools - mine included. Its bittersweet I think. It's exciting to have a fresh start with kids who have never been in my classroom. They don't know any mistakes I made last year. They don't know if I'm strict or nice or tough or loose, I get to be whatever I want to be with them. So, I kinda get to reinvent my teaching every year - keep the good and replace the bad that I have spent the whole year recovering from and trying to backtrack on.

I have put so much love and energy into my kids this year that it will be sad to watch them go. I admit there might be some tears shed by me and by them. If they cry then I won't be able to help it. I love their sweet attitudes. Some of them are genuniely sad that school is over because their summer's aren't as thrilling as ours might have been. Such simple joys of life. I will miss them but I will get to see them grow up in the next two years. Unlike this year (because I moved schools), I'll get to see them in the hallways, talk to them, and watch them mature and grow. I'm excited and I'm so proud of where they've come from!

No comments: