Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A trip back in time

We went on a trip to Mississippi about a week ago. Sadly, I was not apart of the blogging world so I wasn't able to document it forever so I will now :). We went for Ben's grandparent's birthday. I have never been to Mississippi let alone the famous Mimi's house! I got to meet his cousin Amanda and her husband Daniel and their two sweet kids Miller and Marin. I got to know everyone better in Ben's extended family. I took a day off school and we flew to Mississippi. We got there before everyone else and so I got to help Mimi cook. I made deviled eggs successfully for the first time! I also helped with the potato salad fixings, and some other things I think. We had an absolute feast at every meal. Here are some pictures from the event:

We took a shopping trip to downtown Vicksburg. Here is our sweet mother-in-law Pat with her two daughters-in-law. We love her!

Amanda's little girl Marin and I trying on hats at the store and blowing kisses.

All the Stroud grandchildren and their spouses and kids :).

I can't wait to go back. It was so different their our fast paced world of Houston. We loved it. What a blessing it was!!

No comments: