Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Grandparent visit

The weekend before last, Ben's parents, Pat Pat and Grandad came down to Houston to visit us...well, let's be honest, they came to visit Caleb.  And I love that!  They came in Friday night and we got to go out on a date.  We did one of our traditional pre-baby dates of Yard House then Sweet in City Center but just for dessert/appetizers this time.  I got a strawberry cupcake that was amazing to go along with milk tea although sadly they were out of the tapioca balls.

It was hard that first night to be away from Caleb and to turn my brain off obsessing over him.  Part (however big or small) or all of my brain is thinking about him every waking minute so to go out and then just not be responsible was weird even though when we left he was already asleep for the night and wasn't going to wake up before we got home!

Saturday, Pat and Mark took care of Caleb all day.  I was just food.  We went to breakfast then came back and I fed him.  Then we went out and ran some errands and I came back and fed him.  The next stretch, I took a nap.  When we got back from one of our outings, the grass had been mowed and edged.  Such love!  It was a nice day off for sure for the both of us.  That night, we got to go on a second date!  This time we went to the Sugarland town center.  We tried this new restaurant called Guru Burger that has burgers and crepes.  Odd combination yes, but delicious!!  We even went back there this Friday night.  OMG get the dessert crepes if you go.  We got the dulce de leche one and it was amazing.  Then we just walked around and enjoyed a night out alone.  We got back around 10:00 maybe and the Caleb boy was sound asleep.  They got to do bath time and then feed him and put him to bed and they said he just did wonderfully as did they.  Way to go Grandparents!!  I enjoyed our 2nd night out much better and was able to turn off mommy brain enough to enjoy dinner with my hubs!

Then Saturday, we were all together.  I had mentioned to Pat that I had several projects I wanted to do and that one of them was to plant a garden out by our porch and make it more of an enjoyable place to sit in the morning or evening.  We asked the guys and they were on board so we got to it!  Looking at how much work was done, there's no way I could have done that by myself like I had planned in my head.  I'm so so glad they helped.


Pat and I went to Home Depot and bought the plants while they guys dug out a garden area and put the grass in some patches around our yard.  


Looking at how much work was done, there's no way I could have done that by myself like I had planned in my head.  I'm so so glad they helped. This is Plumbago.


Knockout roses that will more than quadruple in size.


The workers!  They just did so awesome.


Lantana, Mexican Heather, and Pintas.  
The wonderful part to is that after we planted it, it rained almost everyday.  Great for new plants!  


But then they had to leave and we were all sad.  We'll see them at the beginning of August though for a trip to Mississippi!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like a great relaxing and productive weekend!