Saturday, December 17, 2011

Some of my favorites

I wanted to share two of my new favorite things.

One is the cupcake shop Sweet.  Pretty much every time we go to City Center, we go to either Yard House or Ruggles Green.  I love them both.  And pretty much every time we go, I get a salad...so that I can fully enjoy a cupcake from Sweet afterwards.  They are delicious for one, and two, they use all organic, all recycled materials. I just love all their stuff and love their vintage style shop.  And last time we went, we met the two owners - two young guys who have started their own business.  So go check it out the next time you visit City Center in Houston.  I recommend the red velvet cupcakes covered in sprinkles!

My second new favorite thing is this website I found called pixlr-o-matic.  I love instagram on IPhone but was looking for something for the computer that I could use for pictures I wanted to actually print out.  It takes your pictures and adds cool effects to them - mostly making them look vintage and old.  I find it funny that the old, vintage, and used look is so in right now, but I admit, I love it too!  Take a look at the three photos below.

Normal.  Nice Photo.  Not so exciting.

Vintage.  Old.  Beat-up looking :).

Or perhaps you like the more whimsical style.

I want to go and do this with all my photos now and see what they look like!  Such fun.  Enjoy!

No comments: