Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chica de Campista

This past weekend, we had the lovely joy of going camping! I admit I wasn't so sure I was going to like it - sleeping outside, no shower, no restaurant or kitchen to eat at. But as it turns out, I love camping! The sleeping outside part was awesome...except next time (and call me a wimp if you want) an air mattress or at least one of those cushy pads is a must. The no shower part wasn't bad and actually they were available and the food we ate was great! S'mores, breakfast tacos, a picnic type lunch and yummy cookies and snacks throughout. That is my kind of food. I think next time for breakfast, I want to make pancakes. We went with some couples from our Sunday Bible study class and it was enjoyable to spend time with them and make some new friends.



Friday night we just hung out, talked, and then had S'mores. Saturday, we went Geo-casching. It was pretty crazy. If you're not familiar with this activity, let me explain. It's kinda like an online worldwide treasure hunt. People post on this website groundsearch.com treasures that they have hidden with their GPS coordinates and you go find them. You sign your name, celebrate, and then go find the next one. We found three of them and one had even been there for 7 years in this little wooded area of Huntsville State Park. Somehow I escaped with no poison ivy and just a few scratches from those pesky thorn vines. Saturday afternoon, I went out on a canoe with a two of the girls and then Ben and I had to go home. I definitely want to do it again. Here's some pics I got before my camera died on Saturday morning...

The ladies on the trip - we're looking for a casch!

The guys...doing something...making important decisions I think.

My sweet Ben and I


Our campsite. It was so beautiful on the water with a fallen tree right behind it. So great!
FYI...Jana gave us all camp names and mine was Chica de Campista. Ben's was Napoleon Campomite. Bet ya can't guess why.

3 comments:

mkp said...

i bet it was because he is a great leader and knows how to do so many things...what a sweet catsch for my sweet Lynn!

meditations said...

That is the cutest name ever! I will disagree with Mary...I think Ben got the catch!!!

Jenny said...

I think I'm going to link from my blog to yours for a blog about our camping trip. Joey and I didn't take one pic! Can you believe that?! I figure I'll just wait for cumulative blogs from you, Liz, and Jana. :)